The most trusted virtualization for desktop, data center and application virtualization
You can dramatically improve the availability, performance and utilization of your IT resources through VMware virtualization, where the hardware resources of a single computer are used by multiple virtual machines.
Each virtual machine is isolated from the others, eliminating potential conflicts.
Virtualizing a single physical computer is great, but the real power of virtualization comes into play when you build an entire virtual infrastructure, improving application availability and agility while simplifying management.
VMware offers the highest performing and most scalable virtualization platform in the industry for even the most resource-intensive business critical applications at the lowest TCO.
Why VMware has the Most Trusted Platform?
While others like to say hypervisors are just a commodity and all virtualization platforms are the same, we beg to differ.
Our vSphere hypervisor takes a radically different approach to virtualization and was the first "bare metal" hypervisor back in 2001.
While other hypervisors rely on a broad operating system, we eliminated any dependence on a general-purpose operating system or management console, stripping the code down to a tiny 144MB disk footprint.
Why Should You Care How Large the Hypervisor Is?
A smaller hypervisor reduces the attack surface for external threats and drastically lowers the number of unrelated patches required, giving you a more reliable product and a more secure data center.
Any flaw or vulnerability of the parent operating system directly affects those other hypervisors, even if the flaw is in a component unrelated to virtualization.
vSphere's thin hypervisor architecture also means it can run stateless for easier deployment onto bare-metal hosts, easier configuration management and simpler (and less) patching.
We also build security directly into the hypervisor, protecting virtual machines without bulky agents.
While we are proud of our past innovations and thankful for the many awards we've received, we are not resting our on our laurels.
We have a vision of software-driven data centers in the future and continually find ways to improve our platform, making it easier to manage your infrastructure and make your hardware more efficient.
Best Platform for Business Critical Applications
Only VMware can protect your business critical applications with a broad set of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that help you eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime with the performance of virtualized applications meeting or beating non-virtualized applications.
- VMware vSphere High Availability provides cost-effective failover protection that survive even massive hardware failures across multiple hosts and quickly restarting vital virtual machines on other hosts as needed.
- VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance creates a live shadow instance of critical virtual machines that allow instantaneous failover if the underlying hardware fails.
- VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion migrate virtual machines and virtual machine disk files so server or storage array maintenance can be performed with no disruption to the end user.
- Live Resource Expansion lets you dynamically add CPU, memory and storage resources to running virtual machines if they require more resources than originally expected.
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager gives you simple and reliable disaster protection with centralized management of recovery plans, non-disruptive testing and automated site recovery and migration.
Use server virtualization and consolidation to transform your data center into a flexible cloud infrastructure with the performance and reliability to run the most demanding applications.
Building a Data Center via Virtualization
Begin your cloud journey with server virtualization. Then, at your own pace, evolve toward a fully virtualized software-defined data center architecture: virtualize networking, storage and security to create virtual data centers. Simplify the provisioning of IT resources and applications, and make them available for consumption in minutes. Complete your private cloud by automating management for optimum performance, capacity utilization and compliance.
Data Center Virtualization Products
vCloud Suite: Build an agile, efficient cloud infrastructure that integrates software-defined services, policy-based self-service provisioning and automated management.
vSphere: Consolidate servers, improve availability, enhance performance and optimize capacity with the world’s leading virtualization platform.
vSphere with Operations Management: Provide uncompromised control over all IT resources with the world's leading virtualization platform, which offers insight into IT capacity and performance.
NSX: Deliver the operational model of a virtual machine for the network to transform data center operations and economics.
Virtual SAN: Cluster server disks to create radically simple shared storage for virtual machines, enabling a resilient, high-performance scale-out architecture that reduces TCO as much as 50 percent.
vSphere Storage Appliance: Transform local server storage into a shared storage resource that runs your virtualized applications.
Virsto: Create software-defined storage that dramatically improves storage efficiency, utilization and productivity in vSphere environments, without requiring the purchase of additional storage hardware.
vSphere Data Protection Advanced: Protect your virtual machines and business-critical applications with this powerful new backup and recovery solution powered by EMC Avamar.
vCenter Site Recovery Manager PProtect your applications with disaster recovery software that provides simple management, nondisruptive testing and fully automated site recovery.
Transform workforce productivity by turning your desktops, business applications and data into centrally managed IT services, securely delivered to any device, anywhere.
Today’s modern, mobile workforce demands access that extends mobility and productivity beyond traditional confines. What users now need to be productive is a virtual workspace – a central hub for accessing all of their desktops, business applications, services and files. The Horizon family of products provides a platform to enable workforce mobility and productivity that’s secure, easy to manage and always in compliance, so IT can deliver a consistent, intuitive end-user experience across multiple devices—anytime, anywhere.
Desktop Virtualization and Mobile Computing Products:
- Horizon View (formerly VMware View): Deliver rich, personalized virtual desktops as a managed service, scaling resources up and down to meet changing demand.
- Horizon Mirage: Simplify physical desktop management by running PCs as a set of logical layers owned by either IT or the end user.
- Horizon Workspace: Provide an easy way to access business applications and files on any device, while enabling IT to centrally deliver, manage and secure these assets.
- Horizon Suite: Empowers the modern, mobile workforce by connecting end users to their desktops, applications and data while maintaining the security and control IT needs.
Personal Desktop Products:
- Fusion: Quickly and reliable run your favorite Windows programs on a Mac, the same way you use Mac applications.
- Fusion Professional: Includes all the features from the standard version plus unique capabilities designed for advanced users and professionals who need to run Windows programs on their Macs.
- Workstation: Run a web or cloud environment on your PC, with access to all the virtual machines you need.
- Player Plus: Deliver a managed desktop to all of your employees, students, contractors, partners or customers.
Virtualize Exchange, SQL, SAP and Oracle on VMware vSphere to get breakthrough performance and outstanding reliability.
Protect your applications from downtime with built-in automated disaster recovery solutions from VMware.
- Microsoft Exchange: Virtualize Exchange and exceed native performance while consolidating infrastructure by 5 to 10 times.
- Bases de datos y aplicaciones de Oracle: Virtualize Oracle databases and scale dynamically to ensure service levels.
- SAP: Increase the availability of SAP applications, speed up provisioning using virtual machine clones and dynamically rebalance applications.
- Microsoft SharePoint: Deliver on-demand and self-serve capacity and resources while retaining security and improving the robustness of your data center.
- SQL Server: Consolidate SQL Server databases and cut hardware and software costs by more than 50 percent.
- Other Applications: Move your Enterprise Java applications to virtualized x86 platforms to better utilize resources with easier lifecycle and scalability managemen.
To boost their responsiveness, businesses seek to complement their internal data centers with the agility and cost-effectiveness of a public cloud, which leverages existing investments.
Growing Chasm Between Business and IT
IT organizations face unprecedented challenges. Internal business customers continue to demand rapid delivery of innovative services to respond to outside threats and opportunities. Hamstrung by limited staff and budget, IT struggles to keep up, often exhausting resources simply trying to respond to changing business requests.
In this tense environment, the options have been few: delay innovation that fuels the business or allow business users to procure services without IT oversight that ensures reliability, security, compliance and governance standards are met for the business.
The Promise of Cloud Computing
At the core of IT's challenges is a perennial cycle where maintaining existing systems consumes the majority of budgets, leaving little to reinvest in growing the business. That's why an increasing number of IT organizations leverage cloud technology to break this cycle and unlock resources to fuel innovation.
The IT Architecture for the Cloud Era.
The ideal architecture for private, hybrid and public clouds, where compute, network and storage infrastructure is fully virtualized and the control of this data center is automated by software.
An Evolutionary Journey with Game-Changing Results
Far too often, enterprises are constrained by antiquated IT infrastructure that is too rigid and complex to readily fulfill business needs. Server virtualization was a major step forward, significantly reducing IT costs while boosting efficiency and performance. The question though, is where do we go from here? Expanding virtualization to a broader range of workloads will certainly extend the cost and availability benefits, but there is a much bigger opportunity on the table – to virtualize the rest of the data center so that all data center services become as inexpensive and easy to provision and manage as virtual machines.
The architecture for this fully virtualized infrastructure is the software-defined data center (SDDC). Pioneered by VMware and recognized by the industry and analysts alike, SDDC extends the virtualization concepts you know— abstraction, pooling and automation — to all data center resources and services. SDDC dramatically speeds up and simplifies the initial provisioning and ongoing management of fully virtualized compute, storage and networking by applying powerful policy-driven automation. The result is transformational levels of business agility along with operational efficiency, control and choice for IT and the business alike. A software-defined data center is composed of various components:
- Compute virtualization, network virtualization and software-defined storage deliver abstraction, pooling and automation of the compute as well as network and storage infrastructure.
- Automated management delivers a framework for policy-based management of data center application and services.
VMware provides the complete set of technologies to build and operate a software-defined data center and offers technology solutions for all SDDC components. VMware software-defined data center delivers:
- Cloud service provider economics within your data center – Software-defined data center technology helps attain new levels of infrastructure utilization and staff productivity, substantially reducing both capital expenditures and operating costs.
- Applications at business speed – Enabling deployment of applications in minutes or even seconds with policy-driven provisioning that dynamically matches resources to continually changing workloads and business demands.
- Greater control over unique customer environments – Driving right availability, security and compliance for every application via automated business continuity, policy-based governance and virtualization-aware security and compliance.
- Ability to run new and existing applications on heterogeneous platforms – The software-defined data center can be leveraged for a private, hybrid or public cloud—in each case, infrastructure is fully abstracted from applications so they can run on multiple hardware stacks, hypervisors and clouds.
With more employees using personally owned devices to access the corporate network, the bring your own device (BYOD) movement has reached a critical point. Learn how to create a flexible yet secure BYOD environment that increases efficiency, lowers operating costs and drives productivity.
A New Way to Work
The boundary between consumer and IT technologies has faded, creating opportunities and challenges for your end users, IT organization and business. Employees expect more flexible access to applications and data across devices and locations. And businesses are striving to embrace workplace mobility in an effort to drive greater levels of productivity.
Unfortunately, traditional IT models are not well equipped to secure and support anytime, anywhere access—and many organizations are finding it a challenge to keep up.
With VMware your organization can take the critical first steps necessary to balance the demands of your changing workforce while ensuring that IT has a secure and efficient platform to deliver applications, data and desktops as a service.
What Is the Virtual Workspace?
VMware’s virtual workspace provides end users with a central hub for accessing desktops, applications, services and files on-demand. Unlike cumbersome point products, the virtual workspace is an innovative one-stop shop for end users to seamlessly access the resources they need when and where they need them—in a secure, contextually aware and policy-driven manner.